Dear Xuan Hao,
We are back at home now and would like to thank you for arranging our tour in Myanmar, which gave us a chance to get to know so much about this beautiful and fascinating country and its friendly people.
We have written a few lines (maybe too much) to give you some feedback on our tour. Please see as below:
- Savoy Hotel/Yangon: Excellent in every respect, good location
- Tai House Resort/Hsipaw : very nice hotel, very personal service ; good location ; excellent considering it is a 3*-hotel
- Aureum Palace Hotel/Pyin Oo Lwin : ok ; nice and spacious rooms ; service and restaurant : average
- Red Canal Hotel/Mandalay : small rooms, but very nice hotel with excellent staff; restaurant only average
- Tharabar Gate Hotel/Bagan: large but bland rooms, good hotel, restaurant: good, friendly staff
- Kalaw Hill Lodge: Excellent in every respect; great hotel
- Pristine Lotus Resort: nice hotel, great rooms, good food
- Aye Thar Yar Golf Resort/Ayetharyar: very nice rooms, poor service, poor breakfast
- Amata Beach Resort/Ngapali: nicely landscaped grounds, very nice rooms (cabanas), restaurant ok, service and staff in general: not good, lackluster
- Mountain Top Hotel/Kyaiktiyo: ok, friendly staff, good location
2) Cars + drivers
All cars were in acceptable condition, all drivers were good, reliable, careful and friendly
- Ye/Yangon: good, helpful, friendly and knowledgable with good English
- Joseph/Lashio to Mandalay: great guide, creative, very helpful, always there for us, good English
- Guide in Bagan: did his job, not overly interested in us and our wishes, English ok, but not always easy to understand. Not a bad guide, but not very good either
- Aron/Heho, Kalaw, Inle, Taunggyi: great guide, creative with many good ideas, lots of knowledge about area, people etc., very helpful, very good English
- Sheila/Yangon: great guide in every respect – like Joseph and Aron, very good English
4) Organisation of tour
The tour was exactly what we had hoped it to be and more. Everything went smoothly. There were absolutely no problems from the first to the last minute. The places we saw, the people we met, the sights we visited – everything was arranged in a way that ensured this to be a memorable trip. Flights, train rides, etc. went without a hitch. Oriental Ballooning in Bagan: highly recommended. (Among many others, the Taunggyi Balloon Festival was definitely a highlight we wouldn’t have seen without your suggestions.)
5) Vietnamstay Travel
You did an excellent job and we thank you very much for everything you did. You catered to all our wishes and interests, you made good and helpful suggestions and you ensured that this turned out to be a memorable tour.
This was our third tour arranged by you and we will certainly come back to you if we come to Southeast Asia again.
Once again: Thank you very much and we wish you and all the people at Vietnamstay Travel all the best for the future.
Horst Studte from Gemany