Best time to visit Phuket
Phuket is blessed by being in a temperate zone. Even though typhoons and tropical storms occasionally batter Hong Kong and the Philippines, Phuket enjoys mild weather and while the heavier rains in September and October can disrupt things a little, it's rare that the island has several consecutive days of heavy rain.
When is the best time to visit Phuket during the year?
The best time to visit Phuket is during the cool NE monsoon season, from December through March, when it isn't so humid, and the cool breezes keep things comfortable. The average temperature is around 75F to 89F (24C to 32C). Note that lately, as almost everywhere in the world, weather is unpredictable.
- November: 32°C, 7h of Sunshine, 28°C Water Temp., 16 Rainy Days
- December: 32°C, 8h of Sunshine, 27°C Water Temp., 8 Rainy Days
- January: 32°C, 9h of Sunshine, 27°C Water Temp., 4 Rainy Days
- February: 33°C, 10h of Sunshine, 27°C Water Temp., 3 Rainy Days
- March: 34°C, 9h of Sunshine, 28°C Water Temp., 6 Rainy Days
- April: 34°C, 8h of Sunshine, 29°C Water Temp., 11 Rainy Days
Hottest Time in Phuket
- The hottest time is from April through May with temperatures ranging from 80F to 95F (27C to 36C). There are frequent short heavy thundery showers, offering welcome relief from the temperature and humidity. The Thai New Year occurs (Songkran Festival) on April 13th and everyone sprinkles (or throws) cool water on each other. No wonder!
- Locals enjoy June, July and August since the weather is usually fine and the island's favourite haunts remain uncrowded. The usual pattern is brief but heavy showers, with plenty of sunshine between downpours. Temperatures range between 70F and 90F (20C to 33C). Everything is a little less expensive at this time of year, so it seems the best time to visit Phuket for budget travellers.
Low Season in Phuket
During September and early October locals start to remember their umbrellas. This makes an ideal time to visit abroad. One consolation for those who remain is that the beaches, outdoor restaurants and streets are relatively quieter. And even at this time, there are still long intervals of sunshine between the heavy showers.
VietnamStay offers private and luxury Phuket tour for your ultimate relaxing beach vacation, check it out now https://www.vietnamstay.com/tour/Island-Hopping-Phiphi-Phuket
For more information on Phuket weather, please click here!