LUANG SAY CRUISE DOWNSTREAM: Huay Xai - Luang Prabang
- 1 October – 31 March: All cruises depart every Monday, Thursday, and Friday
- 01 April – 30 September: All cruises depart Monday, Friday
- Note: No cruises operation in June.
LUANG SAY CRUISE CRUISE UPSTREAM: Luang Prabang > Huay Xai
- 1 October - 31 March: The Luang Say Cruise departs every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. The Luang Say Residence and Luang Say Cruise Departs every Sunday, Monday and Thursday. The Kamu Village and Luang Say Cruise departs every Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
- 1 April - 30 September: The Luang Say Cruise departs every Wednesday and Saturday. The Luang Say Residence and Luang Say Cruise Departs every Monday and Thursday. The Kamu Village and Luang Say Cruise departs every Tuesday and Friday.
Note: No cruises operation in June.
- Day 1HUAY XAI > VILLAGE > PAKBENG
- Day 2PAKBENG > BAW VILLAGE > KAMU LODGE
- Day 3KAMU LODGE > PAK OU > LUANG PRABANG
Luang Say Cruise Downstream Itinerary as listed below
(The Luang Say Cruise Upstream Itinerary is the same but in reverse of Downstream itinerary)
- Day 1
HUAY XAI > VILLAGE > PAKBENG
The Luang Say cruise leaves Houei Sai pier at 9.30 am (please be at Lao immigration office no later than 8.30 am) for a cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng. After one-hour journeying along the river, the boat stops at a traditional village. This is a chance to observe rural life along the Mekong and witness the daily life of ethnic minorities and their talented craftsmanship. Lunch is served on board in a buffet style with a selection of starters and main course from Laos’ main culinary delights as well as a choice of fish and meat dishes.
The river cruise arrives at Luang Say Lodge near Pakbeng before sunset, giving plenty of time to refresh, enjoy the scenery of the river and admire the surrounding nature. A Laotian dinner is served on the open air terrace overlooking the Mekong River.
Overnight at the Luang Say Lodge.
- Day 2
PAKBENG > BAW VILLAGE > KAMU LODGE
Mornings are special times at Luang Say Lodge with stunning sights of the peaceful neighboring mountains, often shrouded in mist, while a full breakfast is served on the expansive teak terrace. The Luang Say cruise departs for another day of nature discovery along the legendary river with one stop planned along the way to the Kamu Lodge, where you will spend the night.
A few hours into the day after enjoying the sights of granite cliffs and sparkling sandy shores, the river boat makes a stop to visit the hill tribe village of Baw, where you can watch the traditional process of making Lao whiskey.
Lunch is served on board in a buffet style with a selection of starters and main course from Laos’ cuisine. A different choice of fish and meat dishes than on the first day is prepared for a greater culinary experience.
The Luang Say cruise arrives at Kamu Lodge, where you will be able to check in and have lunch at the opened air restaurant. In the afternoon, you can participate in a variety of activities; visiting Kamu village, archery contest, rice planting and harvesting, traditional fishing and gold panning (January to June). A set menu is served for dinner and you stay an overnight at Kamu Lodge.
Overnight at Kamu Lodge.
- Day 3
KAMU LODGE > PAK OU > LUANG PRABANG
Early morning, you can plough, harvest or mill rice with the villagers. The rest of the morning is at leisure to enjoy the optional activities offered at the lodge. Experience a traditional Kamu Massage in a hut overlooking the Mekong River. The Kamu people have relied on the curative powers of traditional massage for centuries. Today, visitors to Kamu Lodge can partake of the healing power of Laotian massage in our open-air pavilion on the banks of the Mekong. Relax under the hands of our expert masseuses and tune in to the soothing sounds of nature.
Check out is 12:00 noon. Lunch is served at the Kamu Lodge restaurant where you can enjoy the local flavors of Laos cuisine with a selection of meat and fish dishes as well as fresh produce grown in the organic garden. The Luang Say cruise will depart after lunch cruising downstream along the Mekong River.
Opposite the mouth of the Nam Ou River, near Pak Ou village, the cruise stops to visit the Tam Thing cave. Translated as Rock Cave, it is famous for housing over 2,500 Buddha statues of all sizes and for being a place of pilgrimage for locals.
Following a day along the wide Mekong River, with beautiful sceneries of mountains, wild nature, local life and delicious food, the cruise arrives at Luang Prabang, the former imperial capital of Laos.
The price of tours base on accommodation category, travel period, and number of tourists. Please contact us for more information about prices.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast as mention or similar
- Transfer services in a private air conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees, other boat fees where applicable
- Meals as listed in the program B= Breakfast; L= Lunch & D = Dinner: pre-arranged at local restaurants based on local food with set menu.
- Tours with local English speaking guide
- Dinks and other meals not clearly mentioned
- Surcharge for special request on food, and meals.
- Entrance fees, permits and guide service during free time.
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
- Surcharge for public holidays (if any)
- Internal airfares in the tour (please refer to the supplement quotation)
- International airfare from/to Laos
- International airport departure tax
- Visa handling fee, visa stamp fee.
- Personal expenses such as Bar, telephone & Laundry bills
- All other service not stated in the program
The cancellation charges below refer to the non-transferable fee that is charged to the group member who has cancelled their tour:
- More than 45 days before departure: No cancellation charge
- Between 45 and 30 days before departure: 10% of total tour cost
- Between 30 days and 15 days before departure: 25% of total tour cost
- Between 15 days and 7 days before departure: 50% of total tour cost
- Less than 7 days before departure: 90% of total tour cost
- No-show at the airport on the day of arrival/departure: 100% of total tour cost
B. CHILDREN POLICY (land service only)
- Child from 1- 4 yrs: Free of charge if sharing bed with parents
- Child from 5 – 6 yrs: charge 30% of adult price if sharing existing bed(s) with parents
- Child from 5 – 6 yrs: charge 50% of adult price if using extra bed/mattress in parents’ room
- Child from 7 – 11 yrs: charge 75% of adult price if using extra bed/mattress in parents’ room
- Child from 12 yrs up: pay as adult rate